Monday, April 7, 2008

Winter (Again) and Sickness

Have I ever told you how much I completely hate snow? In North Dakota, you can go from driving around in your car which your air conditioner on, window rolled down and then window tightly sealed shut and heater on... all in one day. It's really annoying to see snow outside after you have had beautiful spring days. There isn't anything I can do about it. I just have to wait for the snow to melt... again. It doesn't help any that the person who bladed our street this morning had no idea how to blade it right. I live on a street where there are houses along one side of the road and no houses at all on the other side of the road. So why wouldn't you blade the road so the snow is pushed to the side of the street where there are no houses? I may not always be the smartest person on some topics, but if I were to blade a street, I would at least know better than to push snow into people's driveways. Come on now, people.

To make matters worse, I am sick. I have a stupid sore throat. And while I probably shouldn't be in school today, I still am. I am infecting others and now everyone around me will probably get sick. I don't even feel the slightest bit healthy. Quite honestly, I feel like a giant pile of snot. I know, horrible discription. Actually, great discription, but horrible image that is being put into your head. The throat is swollen and it isn't easy to breathe. Yeah, it's a lot of fun. I don't even have much of a voice. My mother told me to stop talking because my voice is so annoying. I am trying to just whisper, but it isn't easy when your English teacher askes you a question and you can do nothing but open your mouth and when nothing comes out say, "I can't talk."

At least the sun is shining. See, there can even be a silver lining when they were snow clouds.

No comments: