Sunday, January 20, 2008

Firetrucks and Lessons

Today was funny...

Matthew: Firetrucks are red because that's the way God made them.

Matthew: My hat doesn't have lice, I'm the only one who has worn it.

Ah, quizzing practice is pretty fun.

Cole: [He] just needs to get his poop in a group. (P.S. I know he didn't coin the phrase, but it was just so funny hearing him say it.)

Today, also, brought me a couple lessons that God is trying to teach me and a couple ways of showing me that I need to learn these lessons:

First of all, I need to stop being either in such a hurry when I'm late, or be so stressed out. Even though I ended up being like the third or fourth person there at worship team this morning, I will still all rushing around my house trying to get done on time. I get kind of crazy when I'm hurrying around. So there I was driving through town a little too fast and there is a cat trying to ran across the highway. So, of course, since I would probably cry hysterically if I were to hit a cat, I slow down and the cat made it across. But it made me realize that I just need to slow down a little bit. It's not the end of the world if I'm a little late in getting somewhere, but it would be the end if I were to get in a car accident. Which means I will never ever again attempt to put my shoes on while driving.

Another thing I need to learn is that I need go into every situation with the attitude that's best. Not that attitude that will make me walk away from the situation in a grumpy mood. Sometimes we commit to something and we must do our best. I don't really know how to say it as eloquently as I did this morning, even though I like said the same thing over and over it felt like.

I need to step out of my comfort zone. Or else growth will not happen. I don't want to stay not growthful and immature. I want to grow and learn.

No comments: