Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Deal, Gains and some Losses

"You're sorry
You said it yourself and we believe you
(No we really do!)"
-Jonezetta, Backstabber

"It doesn't matter what they say
In the jealous games people play
[...] Pay no mind to what they say
It doesn't matter anyway"
-The Go-Go's, Our Lips Are Sealed

As if the lyrics are no hint to what this post will be about, then I'll just get right to the point. I understand how fun it is to talk to people, and what makes a good conversation better than talking about someone else? I do not, however, understand the necessity for people appearing (I'm saying appearing) to make a point of telling everyone else, except me, even though clearly it's about me. I also do not understand how anyone could think that when you talk, people hear you. So how could it possibly not get around to my ears? Small school, and I still have ears. As to what is being said, it really holds no ground, so keep talking. I'll just get some popcorn, sit back, and not involve myself in all this drama.

I apologize, sometimes I get too sarcastic.

To end on a funny note:

Yesterday, in U.S. History...
Mr. Ulmer: The Effects of the New Deal. What were the gains women had?
Suzy: Gay women?
(Whole class bursts out in laugher, for a) it was quite funny and for b) she doesn't talk much in class, so it was funny having that be the one thing she does say and for c) Mr. Ulmer's next comment.)
Mr. Ulmer: Yeah, the New Deal turned women gay.

No comments: