Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Broccoli, Short Sermons, and A.D.D.-Filled Meetings

I am currently snacking on some dinner mints. Not because I just eat dinner, which is apparently the largest meal in the day. I only ate leftover Subway for lunch, so hopefully that isn't the biggest meal of my day. I do, however, know how to snack healthy. Okay not, but I have been enjoying a lot of vegetables lately. I discovered that broccoli is probably my favorite. Which is weird, considering that most kids are usually like forced to eat their broccoli.

So, I preached Sunday night. And as per request, I suppose I shouldn't just not say how it went. I didn't realize looking at my notes that it was going to be incredibly short. (My notes made up three pages after all.) There wasn't very many people there, what with it being Memorial weekend and all. It was a little weird, since Pastor wasn't there. I think everyone could tell that I didn't really know what I was doing. I wasn't trying to look at the clock, but I noticed that it was only 7:30 by the time I was getting done. I was once told by Pastor that I shouldn't worry about length. I just should say what I want to say and not think about how long or short it turns out to be. To let you know how short it was, I was told by someone that it was good, because he "falls asleep if it is any longer than 15 minutes." So his wife said, "You kept his attention the entire way through." She also said it was good. So I should stop being too hard on myself. I got my point across. The main theme of my sermon was that God is the only hope we ever had or need. It was the first time I ever preached out of the Old Testament, if you want to look up the verses. It was Exodus 14:10-14, 29-31 and Psalms 46:1-3, 10.

Tonight I have an Africa meeting. I think we are practicing the worship music that we will be taking when we go this summer. We need a lot of practice, so hopefully we are all focused tonight. I can say that, but I know most of the time, I am the non-focused one. When the A.D.D. kicks in, the A.D.D. really kicks in.

No comments: