Thursday, September 10, 2009

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Sometimes I can be anti-social. I can be shy and reserved and quiet. Sometimes I don't want to leave my room because I am afraid I will have no one to sit with or talk to, so I stay inside my safe room and sit on my safe bed and eat canned fruit. I love canned fruit. I don't know why. I didn't like canned fruit, but then I started working at a nursing home. I don't know if it is an universal thing, but I feel like canned fruit and nursing homes go together. Sometimes I don't talk in class, sometimes I open my mouth and really stupid things come out. Sometimes I spend more time on Facebook than I do studying, but after all, I am in college. I am obsessed with necklaces with keys or owls on them. I eat when I am bored. I run into walls and door frames and I trip over my own foot.

I come up short. I fail. I am human. I believe that I a dirty, rotten sinner. But I also believe that there is grace and God's grace covers me. It wraps me up and takes me to a place where my love for God overwhelms my love for sin.

I am Annie.

No comments: