Thursday, June 14, 2007

This is How it Goes I Suppose

I got a job. At Char's Food Pride. So, basically I spend my time saying, "Did you find everything alright?" while messing up something or another on the cash register. And until someone invents a time machine so I can go back to Monday and say no to this horrible job of which my hate for seems to grow with the passing days, I'm stuck working until at least school starts. But, really, I think that I just think about it too much and if I didn't think I wouldn't have thought so much about how much my hate for this checker job would go off the theoretical 1-10 scale. Ugh. I should stop thinking about it.

Other than that, my birthday is in two days. Well, in several hours it will be only a day away. And I'm sorry, usually I get annoyed by people who don't look forward to/do nothing exciting for their birthday, but I'm now one of those people. I seriously wish I could ignore my birthday. I have no idea what brought on this funk of unhappy birthdayness, but I kinda wish I could just skip over my birthday. Maybe it's because I have less than thought out plans or maybe it's because I hardly have any friends, I don't know. But what I do know is that I should be excited. It's my sixteenth birthday, but sweet sixteen, but golden birthday even. This is a special birthday, it's even on a Saturday which totally screams "do something for your birthday." But, alas, I dread it and wish it weren't in two days. I don't know what is wrong with me, I mean, seriously, I've been looking forward to this birthday since I was probably six years old and now that the time is here, it just feels like one huge letdown.

Other than that, I don't have much I feel like talking about going on. I hate Thursdays, but I might hate my birthday and my job (hands down for that one) more than all Thursdays combined. What has this world come to? Get your bomb shelters ready, people, the end is near. Ignore me, I'm too flippant for my own health.

No comments: