Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Better Late Than Never

I apologize for not really taking any time out of my week to care for my blog; I’m sure you have noticed and are about to call missing persons just because you are so worried about me. ...Not. (See? I am so from the 90s.)

I just want to update you on some things that are going on in my life. Nothing too exciting, so don’t get your hopes up. I am just still living and still trying to keep my head above the water. Even though it is spring break at the college, I am still busy with high school (yes, I go to the high school, just because you see me not at the high school during the day doesn’t mean I don’t go to high school). I should really be filling out scholarships right now, but I just don’t know how to describe things in 500 words or less. I also should be writing a children’s book (an assignment for the Writing for Publication class I’m taking at the college), but I lost all my imagination in the first grade where even though I had a 64-color pack of crayons, they only let us use green, blue, red and yellow. Granted I am in a library and could look at some children’s books for inspiration, I still have no idea what new ideas I could say that little kids would want to read.

I am still not planning on going to my prom, even though I might regret it. I don’t like thinking that I regret anything, but I do. I regret not going to Close-Up (the only reason I didn’t was because I went to Africa last year too and thought it was selfish to find money for both), but it is in the past so there is nothing I can do. Too many adults have told my mother that it is very mature of me to realize I shouldn’t waste money on prom, so I would sort of feel like I am lying to everyone if I decided to go now. Because, I know this probably sounds crazy to everyone except Josh, but I really think that God is calling me to not prom. Maybe I am just hearing voices because that is what I want to hear. But, whatever, that topic depresses me.

I am really hungry right now. I don’t know why, either, because I ate breakfast. Oh, well, I am going to go roam the hallways because I am a senior and I do what I want.

1 comment:

CT said...

Maybe you could write a children's book about different colored crayons. You have the inspiration, you just don't know it yet.

Sound crazy??? Absolutely not. I'm going to get that out there right now.

No worries, girl.