Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This is the Start of Something New

This is going to be my blog. And it's going to be fun. You will enjoy it. If not, then don't bother reading it. That's about as frank as I can get. I have a xanga and while my blogging doesn't get far behind the bad stories about my lame days, I need to start blogging mainly for the fact that typing is something that keeps me busy. Why do I need to keep busy? Well, I was sitting at my computer thinking, "I'm hungry." Don't see the direct relation of typing and being hungry? In case you don't know me at all, I eat when I'm bored. If I get bored too often, I'll eat too often and then I'll just end up fat. To make matters worse, I hate exercise so much that whenever I exercise I get really angry at random things. One of those things being the whole idea of exercise itself. Then my anger leads to me eating massive amounts of junk food and thinking, "Ha! I'll show you exercise!" Which is of course followed up by an evil laugh. (Cue the "muhahaha." And so on and so forth.) Just wait, blogging will be the next new diet craze. Then again, maybe not.

Thinking of a name for my blog turned out to be a difficult task. It's like deciding on what outfit to wear if you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life. Okay, minus all drama, since I know a blog name isn't ever going to be burned on to me like outfits can get burned into your skin if you feel the effects of a nuclear bomb. I'm really not this dramatic, but I'm sure sounding like it. Back to my point, a blog name. Thanks to Relient K's new CD (Five Score and Seven Years Ago), which features the song "Devastation and Reform." It was probably my second favorite song, so I'm like, "This is the definition of perfect." Or as close as you can get, since perfect is an unattainable goal. Let's look at Devastation and Reform a little closer, thanks to dictionary.com. Shall we?

dev·as·ta·tion [dev-uh-stey-shuhn] –noun
1.the act of devastating; destruction.

re-form [ree-fawrm] –verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
1. to form again.

I'd go deeper with my thoughts, but alas studying for the joyous semesters is calling my name. Oddly enough, it's quite similiar to my mother's voice saying, "Turn the computer off if that's not homework and start studying." Let's see if I can convince her I really can listen to my ipod and study. I don't know if she will buy it.

Join me on this journey?

No comments: