Friday, September 21, 2007

Homecoming

Homecoming. I almost don't even want to get into it. It's halfway through the day, Friday, the last day of the homecoming week madness. I really do want to quit. Let me tell you why:

1.) I don't have anyone's jersey. It's like a tradition not to be wreckened with. You find a guy's jersey and wear it. Usually it's like a guy you like's or your boyfriend's, if you are lucky. I was lucky my freshman year. I not only got a senior's, but he was good at football (not this fact mattered to me), he was also the guy I liked and about a week or so later, we started going out. Brace yourself, I'm about to make a reference to The Hills, that guy was like Jason to my Lauren. But that's a topic for another time. I don't have anyone's jersey today. I know in the grand scheme of things, that doesn't matter. Yet it makes me sad nonetheless.

2.) Bonfires are fun. I've always enjoyed them before. However, last night, I was saying how I enjoyed bonfires. Our youth group is having a bonfire after the game for those who are either youth group groupies (like me) or the people who hate dances and instead love s'mores. While, I love s'mores. My friend pointed out, "Ah, youth group bonfires, people always hold hands." I will ignore the fact that their next statement was, "I know someone who if you call might come." Whatever, that was a jerky response, since it was an insult. However, it might me realize that I'm alone. I know, I'm in high school and I don't need a boyfriend. However, all my friends seem to have found someone. I know, I'm a loser. I'm still in the process of getting okay with it, but right now, I'm still lonely.

3.) I don't understand football, but we will probably lose the game.

4.) I'm just really sick of homecoming and want to be out of high school. Too bad I'm only a junior.

Now, I'm going to be positive and just to think of happy things about the rest of today and tonight:

1.) I do indeed love s'mores. They are yummy.

2.) I like hanging out with my friends at football games. I usually always sit by Dixie and Trevor and they are my friends. Hopefully their coupleness doesn't drive my crazy.

3.) ...I love s'mores.

Oh, that didn't work at all.

No comments: