Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Death and Taxes and the Like, or Really, Just Death

I am preaching on September 28th. I think I am preaching in the morning and Jeremy is preaching in the evening (for two reasons: one, I am probably working in the evening and two, Jeremy has a class that he is taking and won't be back until the 27th, so even though I feel that Jeremy, who is actually a pastor, should get more chances to speak in the church, I am still doing the morning service). I was talking to Jeremy last night and I was like, "So I'm going to preach about death. Is that depressing?" He said it wasn't, because it happens to everyone. Of course, it also probably isn't normal for a seventeen-year-old to be preaching about death.

So far, here is what I know about death:
1. Ten out of ten people die.
2. When you take biology with Mr. Schlecht, he will tell you about how both of his parents died.
3. Nursing homes aren't that bad, even if you go there to wait to die.
4. To live is Christ and to die is gain.
5. You don't die by getting your foot stuck on a scaffolding (even though at 8 or so, you think you will die).
6. I know more about death than I thought I did.

1 comment:

CT said...

Death seems to come up every once in a while, doesn't it?