Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tell Me What You Think

I am preaching this Sunday. I am preaching for the morning service at my home church and the evening service in a church about 2 hours away from my hometown. I haven't written very many sermons in my day, but usually I start with a topic and find scripture and illustrations to go with that topic. This time I thought I would start with the scripture. Clarence Edward McCartney said, "Put all the Bible you can into it." I don't want to waste my pulpit.


The scripture that I am going to preach on is Philippians 3:7-11.
"7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead."

Anyone have any thoughts on this passage? What it means? What is meant to Paul? What it means to you today? Any thoughts at all?

Comment and I appreciate you. Don't comment and well, I might cry. So, comment. Do it now.

No comments: