Saturday, June 7, 2008

Visit my State or Just Watch the Commercial

Does anyone else really hate those "come visit [insert name of state]" commercials? I think I really do. Seriously, why make those commercials? Do they really think that someone is really just going to be sitting around watching TV, see their commercial, and book a trip to Nebraska/California/Texas/Minnesota/there are 50 states, so figure it out? I just saw a Nebraska commercial, so that will be my current annoyance. I have no desire to just visit Nebraska and all its well-knownities. The commercial did not make me start planning my vacation. It did not make me grab my suitcase (overlook the fact that I don't even have a suitcase and need to buy one). Not that I have anything wrong with Nebraska, I have been there and it is lovely. However, seeing that commercial did not make me want to go to Nebraska. Now all the visit__.org or like my state. Websites are great, because you go there on purpose. You are really wanting to visit this state and want to plan it out. I like websites. Woo go tourist websites! But, boo commercials. In fact, it is really just making me angry that they think I am so easily swayed by a commercial filled with beautiful scenery. I mean so what if the only reason I use the shampoo I use because it comes in a pretty purple bottle? I mean, I really just wanted to find something to complain about and then the poor Visit Nebraska commercial came on, so it really didn't stand a chance.

That and I was going to post about how I don't want anyone to leave. Like I want my brother to stay to kill spiders. And I want my friends to stay, so I can help where my help isn't really needed on a video. I struggle with forward motion. But that seemed like a depressing blog, so I opted for the more... pointless post. Plus I am just killing time, because my mom isn't home yet. But, I just brought my clothes up that were hanging up downstairs, so I probably shouldn't let them wrinkle anymore.

Enjoy your Saturday night. And Sunday morning. And Sunday evening. Alright, I am done.

No comments: