Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Watercooler Wednesday [4/2/08]

The thing I love about blogs is that they spur you on to thoughts and ideas you wouldn't have normally had. I have never taken part in this before, but Watercooler Wednesday sounds like a great idea. Graffiti: Art or Vandalism? I believe that graffiti is an expression of an artist. Artists aren't just in museums and they don't always use easels. Artists use what they can (they work with what they got) and put their point of view out in the world through a way others don't always understand or think of. I probably don't agree with Banksy's point of view or see things the way he sees them, but I can not say that he isn't talented. Other graffiti artists are out there painting on walls and painting on trains, trying to express themselves. Most don't do it for recognition, even the ones who sign their name. I understand how people are annoyed by graffiti and how they don't think it's in appropriate places. I live in a small town and we don't really have much (if any) actual graffiti. Like a boy scratching my name and his name underneath the twisting slide at the park doesn't count. (I didn't even like him. He even spelled my name last wrong. I mean, come on now.) I think that everytime I do see graffiti anywhere that it is really cool. It's pretty awesome how some people choose to express themselves. Once I saw Romans 6:23 spray painted on the side of a train. Props to them. Props to them, indeed. Also, if John Mayer thinks graffiti is music video worthy, it's alright with me. (And no, I am not a big John Mayer fan. Or a fan of him either.)

1 comment:

Audra Krell said...

People always spell my name with an "n" instead of "u". Today for the first time I was dyslexic with my own name. When I saw your post listed I thought "I didn't submit another post" Well there ya go, it's very easy to do!
Love your fun blog and you do look so pretty in your prom pictures!