Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lessons from Relient K

I love Relient K for their music, for the adorableness of Matthew Thiessen, and for the nuggets of information they have taught me:

  1. There's nothing better than the Sadie Hawkins dance in your khaki pants.
  2. You must never underestimate my Jesus.
  3. Less is more.
  4. Theme parks are so much more fun when the sun’s outside.
  5. If you are to lose your phone, it should be lost because it fell into the lake beneath the Batman ride. That way, when I am at Six Flags, I can call my Relient K reference recognizing friend and be all like, "Batman ride!"
  6. All emotional girls should wear mood rings.
  7. She liked you Wednesday but now it’s Friday and she has to wash her hair.
  8. The female mind is a complex infrastructure.
  9. Sometimes it's normal to feel like every angle’s covered with just another band-aid.
  10. It might not be as normal to think that face down this carpet tastes like coffee grounds ground into my face now.
  11. Sometimes you must experience the bittersweet, to taste defeat then brush your teeth.
  12. Forward motion is harder than it sounds.
  13. They made me realize how much I want to go with someone to the prom who is willing to wear a pink tux.
  14. After all, it was Jeremy in 1983 in his Ocean Pacific T, who got a bloody knee on his skateboard in the half pipe in the backyard that Tuesday night.
  15. I watched The Breakfast Club and listened to Tears for Fears. And then I fell in love with the 80s.
  16. College isn't that great. You'll be flat broke, but you'll get to see Dave Matthews Band. You'll be at a different school that your girlfriend/boyfriend. (Since I am not a boy, I can't say girlfriend.) And the Navy will show up at your door and claim that you enlisted. So, just take arts and crafts and then make a fake degree.
  17. Inevitable means it’s never gone.
  18. A small town is really truly like a small stage for teenagers and their drama.
  19. Don’t touch the positive with the negative end 'cause after all of the sparks you’re left alone in the dark.
  20. If I had a million zillion wishes, I’d use one to let you know that gibberish is not a nice way to talk to all your friends.
  21. Even though this life sentence you're serving is deserved, the the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair.
  22. You enjoy your life when you're happy to be alive.
  23. Weather can be kinda bi-polar. (Especially living in North Dakota, where in the same day, it will be cold, windy, sunny, and snowy.)
  24. Paper, rock, and scissors they all have their pros and cons.
  25. Opinions are immunity to being told you’re wrong.
  26. There will be a time when my ex-boyfriend realizes that no one else even comes close. Then he's going to have to settle for less. Then he'll just be left with the memory.
  27. I’m a little more than useless.
  28. You must make your decision and don’t you dare think twice and go with your instincts along with some bad advice.
  29. There will be times when you try to hold his hand but he'd rather hold his grudge.
  30. The end will justify the pain it took to get us there.
  31. I learned what the word "proverbial" meant.
  32. I also learned the word "reverberating."
  33. A lot of the time it will see like we’ve got the letters A.D.D. branded into our mentality.
  34. I think I had a point, but I just got distracted.
  35. This week the trend was to backstab every single one of my friends and leave a voicemail message trying to make amends. All the while hoping things work out in the end.
  36. There’s life after death and taxes and forgiveness comes.
  37. Sometimes the hardest thing to believe is the truth.
  38. The soul is always aching for the heart to start taking a chance by letting go. (And sometimes letting go is the best thing. So let go. Let go. Sing with me now.)
  39. I know now what apathetic means, thanks to Relient K.
  40. Emotional attachment is really not a threat when you're simply not concerned.
  41. Sometimes you just have to wait for the world to thaw.
  42. There’s hope for every fallen man. With every passing second comes a second chance.
  43. There's something you didn't know about Abraham Lincoln's assassination.
  44. It's better if you come right out and say it. Even if the words are going to hurt.
  45. You should've said nice to meet you, I'm your other half.
  46. We should get jerseys 'cause we make a good team.
  47. I need to give my all until it all runs out, give and I'll have no regrets, and I need to give until there's nothing left.
  48. The most crucial thing I lack is a thing called tact.
  49. You can be close minded with an open mouth. But that's not really a smart thing to do.
  50. The hope of a new day is sometimes hard to see. But it's still there.
  51. I learned what masochistic means.
  52. Fear can drive stick.
  53. Failure is a blessing in disguise.
I just wasted more then ten seconds of your life.

No comments: