Monday, August 18, 2008

Don't Pick Your Calling

"The less plans you have, the more open you can be to God. If I were called suddenly to something it would be harder for me, because I would have to get over myself and my plans, but if you are planless then that's one less hurdle, and you still have a whole year. Don't you think God will get around to you in a year? ...Don't not do what you are supposed to just [because] you don't think you will be good at it. The worse you are the more you'll be able to see God instead of leaning on yourself. But if you don't feel like that's what you are supposed to do, then don't. But don't try to pick your calling." -Josh Stevens

That's why I have friends like Josh Stevens, because they give the best advice. And I can quote him, because they were texts that are still in my inbox.

No comments: