Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day, but Last First Day

I have study hall in the computer lab this year. Which is good, I guess, because then I always get a computer if I need one. Of course, the downside is that I am the only senior in this class, so I am surrounded by annoying lowerclassman that won't shut up. Not only that, but I don't start my college classes until next week, so after this class, I have nothing to do but go home. And I don't really want to go home, because it has been good seeing all of my friends again. And I am a senior, which is always pretty fun, because like I am the upperclassman. I am pretty much amazing. But as far as changes go, school is the same and completely boring. We have two new teachers in our school, but I don't have either of them for any classes, so it doesn't really affect me at all. I did, however, meet the new music teacher, because I was killing time during 4th hour (I don't have anything to do until the 27th when the college starts). I currently have no homework, which makes a study hall kinda pointless.

The immaturity of sophomores (oh, I guess they really are sophomores now) amazes me. Like, is it really entertaining to play a game where you are Obama punching McCain (unless that is Bush, it is probably Bush, but that doesn't make it any better)? Honestly, isn't there anything better you can do with your time?

As far as my first day has been going, it hasn't been that bad. All of my classes aren't exciting and nothing has been new or unexpected. I have only been having first days of school for like, 13 years now, so I think I am finally used to it. Of course, it is my last first day of high school, so I am getting used to it for nothing. In a year, everything will be new and unexpected. In a year, I don't ever have to be here again. In a year, I will be done with high school. I can't wait for a year. I am counting down. 1 day down. 179 to go.

No comments: