Friday, August 8, 2008

Stepping Forward: Stepping Up

"Stepping up means stepping forward."

I am a senior in high school. I have thought about the time when I would be a senior throughout all of my school years. I thought I would be taller and cooler than I am now, but I am finally a senior. I will proudly and loudly say, "S-E-N-I-O-R-S, seniors, seniors are the best!" I am pretty excited to finally be a senior. May 24, 2009 I will be graduating. May 21, 2009 is my last day of high school forever. But, what does that mean?

Thinking that this is my last year of high school means so much more than in a year, I won't have to go to high school anymore. It means that this is it. This is my last year of walking the hallways as a student. This is my last year to live out what I believe in my school. How do I want to spend my last year?

I don't want to make homecoming court. And I know I won't be an all-star in any sport (because to do that, you'd actually have to play sports). I don't want to be the most popular. I don't even care if everyone knows my name. But, I am the president of the FCA chapter in my school. Many times, there hasn't been any effort put into FCA. There have been meetings here and there, with the most of ten people showing up, but usually the average of four or five people coming. I admit that I dropped the ball. I am really the one who didn't put effort into it. (Don't ask why I am the president if I don't really care about sports, because that is totally besides the point.) This is the last year I have to really make an impact in my school.

I love Peach Sunkist and it will forever make people think of me. However, I want people to think of how I spread the love of Jesus to my school.

No comments: