Friday, December 14, 2007

I Miss Rain

I miss rain.

I don't particularly enjoy the snow. I don't really enjoy not being able to stop completely. It's like in the winter, stop signs become into sometimes opitional yield signs. If I try not to except just slowing down and try to really stop, I will end up lodged into the snowbank.

Speaking of winter driving, I have a very odd story about a mysterious tree. So, I was driving home from youth group and I turned into the road off the highway (you know the road) and there was this little bush tree thing that looked like it was just stuck in the snow. It was extremely close to the side of the road. I told this story to two people on the bus on the way to Jamestown and they started laughing and asked me if I wore the color purple. I didn't get it. However, I did notice that this tree is no longer there. I have no idea.

I love the rain. I do not, however, love random trees that no one will explain to me what's going on.

I have to go to Jamestown again today after school. Which is retarded because we don't play until 6:00. I kind of wonder why on earth I am doing stats. I am trying to remember enjoying it last year. I can't. The only thing I remember is at the end of the season thinking that I would never do this again. Why didn't I listen to that memory?

Here's a song that I would also like to do for a human video:

When She Cries
by Britt Nicole

Little girl terrified
She’d leave her room if only bruises would heal
A home is no place to hide
Her heart is breaking from the pain that she feels
Every day’s the same
She fights to find her way
She hurts, she breaks, she hides, and tries to pray
She’ll be just fine, because I know He hears her when she cries
Today she’s turning sixteen
Everyone singing, but she can’t seem to smile
They never get past arms length
How could they act like everything is alright?
She’s pulling down her long sleeves
To cover all the memories that scars leave
She says, “… maybe making me bleed will be the answer that could wash the slate clean”
This is the dark before the dawn
The storm before the peace
Don’t be afraid ‘cause seasons change and
God is watching over you
He hears you

No comments: