Thursday, December 20, 2007

Puppies and Nonvictorious Victories

Romans 8
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

A friend of mine sent me a text that was these verses (in essence, but still these verses). It was out of the blue. I wasn't expecting it, but it was something that I think I needed to hear. I told him thank you, that's something I needed to hear and he said, "I thought you might." I asked why and he said, "because the thought came into my head and it seemed like the right thing to do." (Side note: this is why verse quizzers rock hardcore, because they can recall verses and randomly text people whenever the thought comes into their head and it seems like the right thing to do. This friend was a verse quizzer, that's why they rock.) Anyway, I thank God for my friend, because he is a very godly young man. Our friendship has had some not so fun things, but we are still friends and I still value our friendship very much. He doesn't read this probably, but I would be sad if he was not in my life.

I bowled tonight. We lost all four. We did not regain our victory. Sad day. I did good the first game and then the other two were below my average. But, it was still fun to be in the bowling alley. I hadn't bowled in a while, so that will be my scapegoat for doing bad. Ha, ha. Anyway, the really weird thing of tonight was I was just standing there and Trevor came in and I was still just standing there, looking at Trevor and he was like, "You're like a puppy." He never explained to me why, but I think that is because he did not have a good reason for calling me a puppy. At least it was nicer than when someone told me that some dogs are prettier than I am. I don't understand. Oh, well. People like puppies, right? So maybe it's a compliment. Ha, ha. That's what I'm going with.

Romans 8
37
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

God has this amazing way of being me back to Him whenever I have something else on my mind, whenever I have troubles or anything. God is good. God is amazing. I wish I could find a word more adequate than amazing. Life with God is a victorious life.

No comments: