Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007

Here's some things that happened in 2007, however, in no real order, just more in order of what I remember:

  • I turned 16 on June 16th (Sweet sixteen and golden birthday; even though it was not very exciting, it came and went and now it's gone)
  • I went to St. Louis for the Nazarene Youth Convention
  • I went to prom with Bradley
  • I spoke in church a couple times in the evening
  • I got my Local Minister's License
  • I finished my sophomore year and started my junior year in high school
  • I went to a Kutless/Newsboys concert
  • I worked in the grocery store/Southside in the summer
  • I started bowling on league on Thursday nights (whenever I can now, though, because of basketball games on Thursday)
  • I, along with the basketball team, got snowed in Ashley and had to spend the night in the Ashley gym
  • I got elected for my third year on the youth board
  • I spoke at AfterShock '07 without any notes or real preparation
  • I fainted in the shower and had to go to the ER and get staples in my head (and the hole in the bathroom wall is still there, whoops)
  • I learned how to order at Subway all by myself (without Trevor working and what not)
  • I went to camp and cried, learned, and have fun
  • I learned it's a bad idea to fall asleep outside and get your knees sunburned
  • I learned all over that life goes on
  • On March 5, 2007, I forgave my father
  • I served at the Community Christmas dinner
  • I helped with a can drive
  • I rejoined quizzing
  • I learned a lot about myself and though I can't really see it, I grew up a little more
  • I had fun and enjoyed 2007
"Trust, why is our trust faded?
Jesus says to trade them
Trade our scars for his promises
So give him all your love this time
And give him everything you are this time
You’ve never been so lucky
To have a friend like Jesus
Wait, how long will you wait here?
Your life longs for a new year
Your healing must begin somewhere
Everything you could ever want
Is right before you
He is close to your broken heart
You’re right where you should be"
-This Beautiful Republic, New Year

Bring on 2008...

1 comment:

CT said...

That's right. Bring it on!