Sunday, December 23, 2007

Squeezed for Jesus (and Windmills)

"And so when the words we sing are gone
God's blessing continues on
We laugh and compliment this
Merry Christmas"
-Relient K, We Wish You a Merry Christmas

You know what, this year has been a lot of things. I'm so grateful that I am right here. Because I know that I am right where God wants me. I received my local minister's license this morning in church. I invited my dad to church and he came. I thanked him for coming and wondered how long since the last time my father has been inside a church. I don't think this has really changed much of anything. But maybe I'm the only way my father will ever go inside a church again. That's a weird thought.

Other than that, Christmas season is so wonderful. There's something so happy and glowing. That's a silly way to describe it. I just love Christmas. Tonight a couple people shared what this year has meant. God has blessed me so much this year. 2007 has been a good year. Best year yet? Well, I have a feeling the best year yet has yet to come.

As far as something else goes, I will choose to select the good memories. There's no use to remember the bad. So, I will choose to remember the time where I had a complete break down and you were there, to listen and to tell me that I'm not ugly when I cry (even though I know I am horribly ugly when I cry). There's many more, I'm sure. But, I don't need to explain them all.

Here's something I never knew before: Bowling balls don't come with the holes in them, they need to have holes drilled in them. Isn't it sad that I didn't knew that, considering I work in a bowling alley? Anyway, I found this out last night and I was happy to know it. Ha, ha. It was an amazing piece of information. Insight, if you will.

My cat decided that she wants to sit on my lap, so she's making typing this post very difficult, considering my laptop is already on my lap. She's trying to learn how to use the keyboard. I'm not kidding. One word ended up in all caps and bolded. I love my cat. She decided to sleep on my wrist.


"So look at me now
Its finally Christmas and I'm home"
-Relient K, Merry Christmas Here's to Many More

Isn't it good to be home?

No comments: