Tuesday, January 1, 2008

In 2008

"It's not some resolution made on New Years Day
When love is in our hearts we'll give ourselves away"
-Sevenglory, Let It Be Love

I'm not really much a resolution kind of person. I don't need to be on a diet and I hate exercise. The last time I really remember making a resolution was the year I spent New Year's Eve at Cassie's house and her and Krista wouldn't let me leave the room until I made a resolution. I believe I just resolved to not lie as much or something, because I didn't want to be held captive in the room anymore. I posted this article on my blog last year, and I still think it's a good article. I did somethings that it said, but not all of them.

I am kind of indifferent about new years. Fresh starts are great, but it's just another day. People can't change just because a clock changes or you get a new calendar. You can really only be renewed in Christ, who makes all things new.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" -2 Corinthians 5:17

I don't know if this is a resolution, because I don't want it to be. I don't really like resolutions. But, I want 2008 to be the year that growth happens. That I learn to love others. That I learn how to love others. That I learn how to become closer to God. That I learn how to be in the center of God's will. In 2008, I will not let the devil win. I will let Jesus into every aspect of my life. 2008, I want to let God use me in South Africa, in my town, in my school, within my circle of friends, and outside my circle of friends. I want to let God teach my how to love and forgive like He loves and forgives. In 2008, I want to forget what it behind and strain toward what is ahead. I want to press on toward the goal, to win the prize, for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus (Like Philippians 3:13-14).

In 2008,
I want...
to
live...
to
shine...
to
breathe...
to
die...
for the
glory of God.

No comments: