Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day and Indiana Jones

My family knows how to celebrate Memorial Day, we are going to the new Indiana Jones movie today. It's not really like that's how we are celebrating; my brother really wanted to see this movie and because it is Memorial Day, he has the day off from work. So, we are going to be heading to Aberdeen pretty soon. I will admit that I am not as excited to see the movie as my brother and mother are, but I am all up for seeing it. I happen to love watches movies in theaters and am really sad that it costs as much as it does. (But, I am all for buying cheap candy at Wal*Mart first and then shoving it in my suitcase-like purse and going into the theater.) There is just something about watching a movie at the same time as many other strangers, laughing at the same stuff, crying at the same stuff (yeah, I doubt there will be any crying, but whatever), you know, just experiencing at the same time. Plus, I love the crazy cold air conditioning that makes you wish you had brought a coat. I really just love theaters and wished that I could go to more movies. I think the last time I was in a theater was for the movie The Bourne Ultimatum. That was like last summer. Depressing, isn't it? I know. It is. Well, feel free to invite me along to any movies this summer, I would love to go.

As for Memorial Day, I just want to say that I never got a chance to meet either of my grandfathers, but they both served in WWII. I would like to say they were both honorable, but they had there flaws. However, they doesn't change that they were brave enough to serve. I would have loved to meet these men.


No comments: