Saturday, March 15, 2008

Work in Progess, but still a Follower

"It’s time for healing, time to move on,
it’s time to fix what’s been broken too long
Time to make right what has been wrong;
it’s time to find my way to where I belong
There’s a wave that’s crashing over me, and all I can do is surrender
Whatever You’re doing inside of me
It feels like chaos, but somehow there’s peace
And it’s hard surrender to what I can’t see,
but I’m giving in to something heavenly"
-Sanctus Real, Whatever You're Doing

I am happy. I am happy with where I am right now. With who I am right now, I am happy. I am a junior in high school. I am single. I am loved by my family (well, most of my family). I have great friends. I am following God and am a child of God. I am happy.

I have to admit, this isn't really where I thought I would be today, but I am sure glad that I am right here.

I have moved on from my past. I have moved on from the past hurts and pains. I have moved from the relationships that we not healthy or good for me. I have moved on from times in my life where I cried for no apparent reason, times in my life where I have been depressed, times in my life where my hair fell out due to being overstressed. I have moved on.

I am not saying that my past isn't still in my memories or that I have completely gotten rid of all the pain or anger, but I am in a constant progress to forgive and to heal.

I have moved on and I am happy.

I am not saying that I am perfect or have really a handle on every aspect of my life, but I am following a God who has plans I can't see or always understand. I am following a Maker who is far greater than I could ever know or imagine. I am still healing and I am still forgiving. I am still a work in progress, but I am still a follower of the One who is working on me.

P.S. I used to think being a follower was a bad thing, but not as long as I am following the real Leader, God the Father.

No comments: