Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Life and Money

April: All babies want to be born.
Me: You've said that like five times today.
April: If we say it enough, other people will start saying it just like "you suck at life."
Me: All babies want to be born.

And this a long time ago,
Randomly and out of the blue,
Krista (to me): I'm dying.

Life is a very interesting thing. It really seems like most people's motivation in life is money. I mean, that's what it's all about. You go to school, go to college all to get an education so you can get a job in whatever field of study you were in. You get a job so you can make a living, you have a family that you need to support, which you need money for. I don't want my life to be about money. I mean I realize the important of having a job and making money. I know it's important to go to college, but that costs a lot. I am excited for college, not so much for that whole being a stranger amongst many others, but I am looking forward to majoring in Youth and Family Ministry and minoring in Mass Communications. I am excited for that. I don't know why, but I am. I just don't want money to be so important that I don't always have God first in my life.

Another thing, I am single right now and am not looking for anyone. I am too young and I know this. However, when I am looking for a guy, something that is very important is that they have God first in their life. I want my husband to have God before me, to have God first and foremost. Of course, I know I need to also work on my life and make sure that God is first in my life at all times.

Brad told me that he would teach me how to punch somebody. You know, in case I ever get mad and need to punch someone in the belly. Which, may be sooner than you think. But, I am trying not to be too mad, because even if I punched him in the belly, it wouldn't hurt him. Ugh.

"Hey taxi
Take me straight to the heart of it
The nucleus of politics where somebody started it
Cause they taxed me
With a scalpel piece by piece
They cut me deep and bled me dry until there was nothing left to bleed"
"Never forget
There’s life after death and taxes
And forgiveness comes
Then all of the rest is what passes away
Death and decay can’t touch us now"
-Relient K, Life After Death and Taxes (Failure II)

No comments: