Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh, Preacher, Preacher

Pastor Annie. Nope, I may have preached my first morning service, but it still sounds weird. I know, isn't that scary? I have preached my first morning service and first service at another church in the same morning. I am such a multi-tasker. Ha, ha. But, seriously, I was actually quite nervous. I am always nervous. I preached on unbelief. Jeremy recorded it, so maybe I will get it sometime. If I saw myself preach, I would probably be quite critical of myself. Anyway, I am going to be honest, it's really scary, because even though I don't always think I am that amazing, I can see that this is really my calling. And it's scary knowing that God wants to use me in this way. It's scary that I am able to do this and I have no idea where it will take me in my future.

Some conversations with Oakes people after the service went like this (and yes, you'd be so proud of me, not once did I respond thank you to someone telling me thank you):

Lady: So are you with the college?
Me: Nope, I am still in high school.
Lady: So you're a senior then?
Me: (laughs) No, I am still a junior.

Middle-aged Guy: I want to be just like you when I grow up.

I am not going to lie, it's weird having people thank me when I am done with a sermon. Sometimes I feel like they are just thanking me because I am young and not really because I did a good job. Even though I could tell this time that my throat didn't start to close in the beginning, which is good, because I was told that I controlled my nervousness and didn't appear nervous at all. (Minus the comment from the Butterfly Guy). Anyway, I felt I spoke for an appropriate amount of time and what not. Crispy told me I was good and it was his first time hearing me preach. It's just so weird. Of course, I made my mother cry. A couple people came up to me and told me that it was exactly what they needed to hear.

God works in amazing ways. Even through 16-year-olds.

No comments: