Thursday, January 10, 2008

Caffiene, Routine, and Books

"I was told you are depressed by a little bird
that was severely hurt as it did not notice my window
it just flew wherever the wind blows
as it convulsed on the pavement
it whispered I am hated
your genetic flaws I said say it all
you can't decipher reflections form reality but neither can I"
-PlayRadioPlay, Decipher Reflections From Reality


I shouldn't enjoy that song so much. I don't think you should really enjoy any song with the word "convulsed" in it. But I like it. It took about five listens before I figured what he was saying. But maybe it just took five listens before I actually starting listening.

1/12 is about 8.3%. That being said, I realized something this morning. I have given up pop and don't drink energy drinks. I don't really know if that has made me healthier or anything. I do, however, still drink coffee every morning. I don't really ever feel the effects from caffeine, though. But I was just thinking about it and I used to be really tired during the school day, but I'm not as tired as before. I've yet to accidentally fall asleep. Even during the one movie in Psychology when everyone else in the class fell asleep. I wasn't tired at all. That plus whenever we watch movies I feel like Mr. Ulmer is staring at me, which I doubt it really true. Yay to wakeness and no more pop.

I wake up at 6:00 every morning during the week. Saturday, depending on what's going on, I usually try to sleep in. Sunday I tried to wake up 7:00-7:30. But every weekday, it's 6:00. I don't have terrible waking up. I am having trouble getting used to my new alarm clock, but I set the alarm on my phone to wake up anyway. Lately, my brother (who is supposed to wake up at 5:30) isn't waking up on time which throws my entire morning schedule off. I like my schedule.

Besides that, I need three books for my English class that I do not have and one of them I need by Monday. It will be fun indeed. The books are: MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (5th Edition) by Joseph Gibaldi, In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon, and On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser. So if anyone has any of these and would be kind enough to let me borrow them until I order my own, it would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated.

Also, we had worship team practice last night for the youth. I don't know if it was just because Heather was there, but we actually got a lot done and my ADD didn't get me extremely distracted. Or maybe Jeremy talking to a couple of us was a wake up call. That you should always be focused on worship or something. Like, it's such an amazing thing that we are able to worship our Savior through music and we shouldn't take it for granted, we should take it seriously. And enjoy it, because it's fun.

My mother says I use too many commas. I'm sorry. I use too many commas.

No comments: