Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Quit, Mr. White

Mr. White: I don't want any of this lover's lament crap. I want something peppy, something happy, something up-tempo. I want something snappy.
Jimmy: [smiles and sings] I... I quit... I quit... I quit...
[speaks seriously]
Jimmy: I quit, Mr. White.

From That Thing You Do

Even though Jimmy was my least favorite character in that movie ('cause Guy was of course my favorite), sometimes I can relate. I quit.

I have great friends that fix my typo in my poem or dream about my pantry. I also have friends who love drama. But I'm kinda crazy sometimes, so maybe the mix of friends is good for me? I don't know. I can't handle it. I don't enjoy being crazy. Some people just bring out the crazy in me. I don't particularly enjoy that. I need to just learn to deal. Well, I need to learn how to not be so crazy. I make situations more stressful than they need to me. I make situations uber stressful, therefore, I end up crazy. And you know what? I quit.

Everyone should watch That Thing You Do, if you haven't seen it, borrow it. Actually, let me watch it with you, because I enjoy the movie, so you'll enjoy it more if I'm around. I guarantee. I guarantee so much that I will give you a money back guarantee. Since it won't cost you any money, you will just have wasted your time. But it won't be a waste of time, because a) you'll get to understand any future reference to That Thing You Do b) you'll learn a groovy new song and c) you'll get to spend time with me and I'm pretty much amazing. If you've already seen it, good, I understand why you're my friend. If you haven't seen it, let's change that. I'll bring popcorn.

Mr. White: Any questions? Don't ask. I'm tired of talking to you and I want to sleep.

No comments: