Monday, January 28, 2008

Something Changed

"Something changed inside me broke wide open all spilled out"
-Sara Groves, Something Changed

"I pray for an idea
and a way I cannot see
It's too heavy to carry
and impossible to leave"
-Sara Groves, The Long Defeat

My mom and I just got done watching Nomad, Sara Groves's documentary-like movie. If you have never seen it, I highly highly highly recommend it. My mom and I were both sitting there bawling our eyes out for one of the parts. It made it really think. It was really something to not only chew on, but it opened my eyes. There's just something about seeing something, or hearing something, or reading something, that when it changes you... you know that you will never be the same. God created us to be part of His kingdom and when we accept Jesus into our lives, we have a responsibly to help and seek God's kingdom. If we aren't worried about the salvation of others, then we should be worried that we ourselves aren't really saved. I know, that's probably harsh, but it's something my Pastor as well as Pastor Jeremy have been saying. We're having an evangelism course at our church and I'm going to South Africa next summer. There was just a point in my life where something changed and I'm never going back to the way I was before. Words can't even describe that change already inside of me and changes I hope that will continue to occur. I want God to just take every part of me and change it. I want to be used for God and part of this amazing kingdom. (P.S. The cold winterly winds are blowing like crazy outside... perhaps it's the wind of change blowing wild and free?)

"Gonna raise my voice like thunder
And leave the world in wonder of the change
The change inside of me
And I will never stop believing
That you are reason for the change
The change inside of me"
-MercyMe, The Change Inside of Me

"That's a little stone that's a little mortar
That's a little seed that's a little water
In the hearts of the sons and the daughters
The kingdom's coming"
-Sara Groves, Kingdom Comes


No comments: