Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Own Blisters... and Coffee

Before I leave the house to go anywhere, I brush my teeth. I brush my teeth a lot. Just yesterday, like four times. Once in the morning before I went to school, then I came home for lunch and before I went back to school I brushed my teeth, then before I left my guitar lesson I brushed my teeth. Then before bed as well. Not that you probably even care.

I had a dream the other day that I was wearing a hat to school and the tag was still on it all day. And no one told me. Then I got mad at all my friends for not telling me. Ha, ha. I dream weird.

Something you may not know about me: I don't like my coffee hot hot. Like, I will wait 15 minutes to drink it after I pour it. Then I am sad that near the end of the cup (which really holds like 2 1/2 cups worth) it's cold. It's a lose-lose situation. My mom thinks I'm silly.

I was just thinking that everything that has happened in my life brought me here. So many things I was so upset about, but it's brought me here. I never thought I'd be here, actually, I don't think I just ever thought about it at all. But, I don't regret anything. That's not easy to say, because I am sure there are things I wish would have gone a little bit different, but all those things helped shaped who I am. I'm still growing. The person I am is still being shaped. God is shaping me. If it wasn't for God, I would be a lot worse off. I'm not saying God makes everything like candy cotton and rainbows, but I'm saying He was there through it all.

Tonight is a basketball game. It's a home game, though, so that's a lot better. I don't really want to take stats, but I said I would in the start of the season, so I will follow through and do stats to the best of my ability. I'm going to take a deep breath, give God all control and not let anything get to me.

"Desperate
We will lift up our hands.
Stronger
We will rise up against.
Freedom
Is a part of us all
its time to let it go."
-The Classic Crime, Blisters and Coffee

No comments: